Cleansing grains are a completely natural alternative for cleaning and exfoliating your skin. Cleansing grains are powdered grains, seeds, and herbs that are ground then combined with water to make a paste that can be used as a natural cleanser.
You can use these cleansing grains on your face, as described here, but also in the bath or shower to cleanse and scrub your entire body. If you’re using them in the shower, store them in a plastic, not glass, container.
• 1 cup oats, finely ground
• 2 cups white clay
• 1/4 cup almonds, finely ground
• 1/8 cup dried lavender flowers, finely ground
• 1/8 cup dried rose petals, finely ground
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. To use, mix 1–2 teaspoons of the cleansing grains with enough water to make a paste. Gently massage onto your face. Rinse off with warm water. Follow with a light facial astringent and then a little face cream for a perfect morning cleanse!
Note: I like to grind my ingredients to a powder, it's easier to mix and apply.
This makes a LOT, so you can reduce it if you want less.
* This recipe is by Rosemary Gladstar.
Order your supplies from Sage Hill Botanicals Herb Company
Look at the great things an herbal vinegar hair rinse can do for your troubled hair and scalp, using apple cider vinegar and your favorite herb.
There are many different ways to use herbs in a hair rinse. They can be used to enrich and brighten the colors of your hair. They can be used to add minerals and nutrients to your hair. And they can be used to boost the health of your hair.
Whatever your needs are, there is an herb that will help you. All you need to do is find the right herb. Sound impossible? No, not at all, because I've done the hard work for you. Take a look below...
First, Choose You Hair Color
Then, Add These If You Need More
Did you see that some of the herbs are listed more than once? That's great! Rosemary, Sage, Burdock, Calendula, Chamomile, Comfrey, and Nettle offer several benefits to hair and scalp.
How To Make An Herbal Hair Rinse
Lisa Ray, Herbalist
Learn Herbalism at
Classes Available Now